Churchie Swim Club aims to create a pleasant, fair and respectful environment for all involved in the club – swimmers, coaches, volunteers and families.
To that end our club has:
- club operating rules to help manage our weekly club nights
- Churchie usage rules in acknowledgement of using facilities provided by Churchie
- management rules which incorporate rules from Swimming Australia as we are an affiliated club with them. This directs compliance for our club at external race meets.
It is a requirement that all club members familiarise themselves with these rules and follow them.
Club operating rules
- Children must be accompanied by an adult to club nights.
- Swimmers must not dive in the shallow end of the pool.
- Swimmers must not run around the pool or play in the toilets/change rooms.
- Children must stay within the confines of the pool area.
- Children suffering from contagious illnesses (e.g. diarrhoea, chicken pox etc) or who have open wounds are not permitted to swim.
- There must be absolute silence at the start of the race.
- It is a requirement of the club that all swimmers wear the club cap and current club t-shirt at all swim meets.
Churchie usage rules
As the club is conducted on the grounds of Anglican Church Grammar School, the normal rules of the school will apply, namely:
- There will be no smoking at any time on school premises
- The school requires that all swimmers wear a cap in the pool. Swimming caps and club uniforms may be purchased from the club merchandise officer.
The club specifically wants to draw attention to the following rules to which all members are required to adhere:
- Members and their families are required to be respectful and courteous in their interaction with other members, their families, coaches, staff of Queensland Swimming and Swimming Australia as well as the committees of the club.
- Members are to refrain from any form of abuse, harassment, victimisation and discrimination towards others.
- Members are to exhibit good sportsmanship at all times and to be good role models and ambassadors for the club and not damage the reputation of the club or its members.
- Members are to adhere to the directions of the Management Committee in relation to the official uniform and behaviour. It is a specific requirement that only the club’s official shirt and cap be worn to all swimming carnivals and official functions unless otherwise directed.
- Members are required to adhere to the rules applicable to swimming carnivals and camps from time to time set by coaches and the management committee.
Please note: It is a requirement that at least one parent from each family with swimmers as club members become a parent member of the club. There is no cost associated with this membership category.