Churchie Aquatics is one of Brisbane’s most impressive aquatic facilities located at Anglican Church Grammar School (Churchie), East Brisbane, approximately two kilometres from the CBD.
The complex has three outdoor heated pools (a learn to swim pool, a 8-lane 25 metre and an 6-lane 50 metre championship pool) and state-of-the art fixtures including lighting, electronic touch timing, underwater cameras and live screen integration – plus a gym, café and parking for 100 cars right next door. It’s in a beautiful setting – a quiet enclave screened by large green trees.
The Barry McCart Aquatic Centre was opened in 2010 for the development of swimming at Churchie and fostering the broader swimming community. Barry McCart is a Churchie Old Boy and the main donor to the development of this outstanding facility.
From 2020, Churchie Aquatics was established to manage the various services based at the centre.
Churchie Aquatics is for our community
The Churchie swimming complex is not just for students attending Churchie, but for the whole community, including local families from the Brisbane area. All are welcome to join and take advantage of a Churchie Aquatics service.
Churchie Aquatics also serves local schools who need a facility to run swimming programs. Our pool and staff are available for short-term or long-term engagements.
Churchie Aquatics offerings
Churchie Aquatics provides:
- Swimming as part of the Health & PE Curriculum for Churchie students in Prep to senior school
- Qualified and licensed Instructors for our Learn to Swim programs for Babies through to Adults
- Support to the Churchie Swim Club and its program of meets at Churchie Aquatic and at outside pools
- Coaches and the squad training program for developmental, fitness and competitive swimming squads who train at Churchie Aquatics, including swimmers who aspire to swim at an elite national or international level
- Coaching and developing Churchie students competing in the GPS Swimming competition and championships
- Offering our aquatic centre and coaches to local primary and secondary schools that don’t have an onsite pool or qualified swimming teachers to teach their students how to swim. As part of this, Churchie Aquatics is also available for hire for other school’s interhouse swimming competitions.
- Representing the interests of Churchie, our squads and club within the broader swimming community, supporting that community and being a central liaison point with Brisbane Swimming, Swimming Queensland and Swimming Australia.
- Ensuring our coaching staff are up to date with any regulations required by various swimming bodies that we belong to, and passing this information onto our various impacted swimming groups
- Supporting our staff to continue to their professional developments in the field of swimming coaching and teaching so they can continue to ensure we provide an outstanding swimming development program at Churchie, leading to state and national champions
Churchie Aquatics staff
Churchie Aquatic employs three full-time staff:
Ben Allen: Director of Swimming
Nathan Grant: Head Junior Coach
Susan Weldon: Administration
Churchie Aquatics office
You can contact our staff at:
Anglican Church Grammar School
Enter at Cnr of Hilton & Heath Sts
East Brisbane QLD 4169
Ph: 07 3896 2236