Policies & Procedures
Churchie Aquatics adopts the policies and guidelines from both the Anglican Church Grammar School and our swimming governing body, Swimming Queensland.
More information can be found on their respective websites:
Rescheduling or Missed Classes
- Missed classes are non-refundable. A make-up class will be offered (maximum of 2 per term), this is subject to availability. Failure to provide notification will result in forfeit of that lesson and no make-up lesson will be provided.
a) Notify us of any absence with as much notice as possible, either by phone or email
b) Understand that no guarantees may be given on available times for catch-up lessons.
- Any make-up lessons will be conducted within the term and will not be transferred over to the following term, except in the case of extenuating circumstances, determined at the discretion of management only.
Our Discipline Policy
- Learning water safety and how-to swim are important life skills. Churchie Aquatics has a three (3) warning policy. Our teachers provide a wonderful service to all students and their parents. Any child behaving in a continuously disruptive or inappropriate manner will be given three (3) opportunities to rectify this behaviour. After which our teacher will remove the child from the class, and they will no longer take part in the lesson. Parents must appreciate that we reserve the right to take action if any student’s behaviour threatens the safety of others or their opportunity to learn. The service we provide is paid for by all parents.
- Lessons are not conducted on public holidays. Fees are adjusted prior to payment and commencement of term for those students whose lessons may be affected.
- A minimum two (2) weeks’ notice must be given for cancellation of attendance to further lessons. A refund, minus the two-week notification period, will be provided.
Photo and Video release
- Churchie Aquatics reserves the right to use images or video captured during any given lesson of students and family, for use in all promotional media/marketing purposes.
Photography by Parents
- Parents cannot take photos or video without the express written consent from the parents of all children attending the class.
Changes to class times or structure
- Churchie Aquatics reserves the right to change class level or time based on class numbers or operational requirements. As much notice as possible will be provided